A PCPC Rooftop Concert! Sunday evening June 28* at 7pm An Evening of Hymns with the Florida Orchestra Brass Quintet Come socially distance around the church grounds and enjoy an evening concert from the church roof shared by the Florida Orchestra Brass Quintet. Please bring your own lawn chairs or blankets. The hymn concert will last approximately 30 minutes, and an ice cream food truck will be parked on the grounds. The CDC recommends the wearing of face masks. Sponsored by PCPC Music Ministry “Praise God with trumpet sound…!” -Psalm 150:3 For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Tomorrow is Pentecost Sunday where we celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit for the way it comforts, challenges, and exhorts us.
2) A special Followers of the Way discussion will be released Sunday 5/31, with the pastors talking about racism as seen in the past week, in recent years, and historic implications for Christians. What does scripture call us to do to help heal?
3) The Vespers Service at 6pm Sunday will be a time to lift up prayers, including this nation's leaders. You can send prayer requests to email@example.com.
4) At noon on Monday we'll share in an interfaith National Memorial Service online for the 100,000+ who have died in the COVID-19 pandemic. The link to join can be found on our Facebook page.
5) From 12-12:05pm Monday our steeple bell will ring in remembrance of those who have died.
We hope you can join us in virtual worship and study, discussion, and prayer this weekend. May the peace of the Spirit of Jesus Christ be with us all.
Prayer for the last day of school: Triune God, in your will our lives are lived, and by your wisdom truth is found. We pray for students who finish now a term of study, and move on to something new. Take away anxiety or confusion of purpose, and give them confidence in the future you plan, where energies may be gathered up and given in love to neighbors and a community in need. We acknowledge there is lamentation, exhaustion and some grief at the end of this semester. And we acknowledge that that there is also some achievement and celebration. We ask that the friends and families whose thoughts and affirmations congratulate students might be a sign of your love for them and your good intentions for their lives. We thank you for the fellowship of friends and colleagues. We thank you for the labor of parents that these last 3 months represent. We bless you for the good and heroic efforts of teachers and administrators and coaches in an ending for school they neither chose nor anticipated. Christ have mercy and speak to all of us again your word of forgiveness. Bring to our memory the whole of the year and the hope in your future. O God of the past, present, and future, help these students to know that you will be active in the future as surely as you have been in the past. For we pray remembering how the disciples called Jesus "Teacher," and how your scriptures teach us to "Love the Lord our God with all of our heart, all of our soul, and all of our mind." For we pray remembering how your scriptures teach us to "Love kindness Seek justice And walk humbly with our God." Amen. -Pastor John DeBevoise